Thursday, January 23, 2003

I bought and read Wild at Heart when it first came out. I was hoping the book would give insight as to why I am drawn to guys who are "exciting" and "daring", but not necessarily prime candidates for marriage. I'm not quite sure if it applies as much to Asian males- especially the "great outdoors" metaphors. I did like the part about one need being "a beauty to rescue". That appeals to the romantic side of me. I don't want to be the one taking the initiative and it seems too often that guys (just Asian ones? or perhaps that's my stereotype) are content to stand around and just "be" passive. A guy with "edge" is very attractive. I'm thinking of the Maximus type (i.e. Gladiator) or William Wallace(?) (i.e. Braveheart). A guy with purpose and who isn't afraid to interact with the world around him. To be in the world, but not of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home