Thursday, January 23, 2003

I'm not sure how this blog thing works but here goes. I can't believe five years has passed since our last dialogue about relationships. Even though I thought I "knew" a lot about relationships in theory (and info. gleaned from rel'n books), it turns out that I wasn't very good (naive? too idealistic?) at applying the knowledge. I was in a relationship that started off quite well (very God-centered) but slowly deteriorated over time. There were numerous issues and struggles in that relationship. I learned much about myself and about God and thankfully, by God's grace, I got out of that relationship (although it took about a year to heal). I'm currently in a very healthy relationship with a wonderful guy who treats me with respect and cherishes me. I feel very blessed!

Being a single woman of a certain age, I often wonder where all the "good" men are. It seems harder to find someone who isn't already married/engaged/dating or carrying 'baggage.' For awhile, the joke among my friends is that we would have to date someone younger (but post-college).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home